Sunday, December 21, 2008

Loud Noises

Although I am not too tired (ala Nameless), I just don't have the patience to sit and write a long-winded post right now.

So a quick question which shul on shabbos has given me. This is for all the frummies out there who read this (c'mon I know there are more than my usual commenters who read this). Why must you daven so loud in shul? I know FrumSatire has mentioned this, but I really need to get to the bottom of it. Do you really think that the volume of your davening is directly proportionate to its meaning and value? One argument is that it helps you concentrate (I know because I have heard this from a loud davener himself), but I just cannot help but to think that there can be some other way for you to channel your concentration besides yelling like a howler monkey. Someway where you will not annoy me to the point of physical assault, yet still maintain your high level of concentration.

Anyone else have this experience? Is it only men or women also?

SCS...F

0 comments:

Post a Comment